Yoga Philosophy Workshop Intensive with Manorama
Yoga Philosophy Workshop Intensive
~ with Manorama
We feel very blessed that world recognized leader in the field of Sanskrit & Yoga Philosophy, Manorama, will come to teach in Norway/Stavanger for the first time ever in October 2019.
Join us for a very special weekend delving into the two most influential texts on yoga that promises to be fun, confidence building, deep and lively. These special offerings are great for yoga teachers and students interested in deepening their knowledge of yoga. All levels are welcome.
SATURDAY October 26. th
Introduction to the Yoga Sutra
~Enjoy Manorama’s playful & dynamic style of sharing an Introduction to the Yoga Sutras. During this workshop of personal and spiritual exploration, Manorama will guide participants on a journey of understanding through yoga Sutras, Luminous Soul Meditation and wisdom discussions. Join Manorama for this introductory course that promises to be fun, confidence building, deep and lively.
• Gain direct access to the Yoga Sutra of Patanjali.
• Develop insight into this important and definitive text on Yoga Philosophy.
• Discover the meaning and myth surrounding Patanjali, author of Yoga Sutra.
• Practice Luminous Soul Meditation to restore the mind to a peaceful state.
• Understand why Patanjali chose the Sanskrit language as the medium for this unique text.
• Chant Select Sutras of the Yoga Sutra text.
• Understand what two important principles Patanjali highlights in his first pada.
• Develop confidence in your yoga teaching.
• Stand in authentic yogic knowledge by studying this important Yogic text
SUNDAY October 27. th
Introduction to the Warrior Within Through the Bhagavad Gita
~ Enjoy Manorama’s playful & dynamic style of sharing the Bhagavad Gita as an entry point into the way of the inner warrior. During this workshop of personal and spiritual exploration combined with Bhagavad Gita study Manorama guides participants in understanding the notion of the Inner Warrior in the Bhagavad Gita. Join Manorama for this unique course designed to awaken the mind and heart of the individual in his/her quest for Sanskrit & Yogic knowledge. Learn to chant Gita verses with confidence, to practice Gita meditation and gain awareness of the principles of the inner warrior so you can incorporate them into your life. This course offers a new lens through which to view the vast and enlightening subject – the inner warrior through the Bhagavad Gita.
• Gain direct access to select Sanskrit verses – through the Bhagavad Gita.
• Learn the needed tools to evolve your life to a place of strength and balance.
• Develop proper pronunciation for select verses. Good pronunciation gives access to meaning of the verses.
• Practice Luminous Soul Gita Meditation to restore the mind to a peaceful natural state.
• Learn how to stand in your own inner warrior by applying the Luminous Soul principles realized through the Bhagavad Gita.
• Enjoy the joyful feeling of pronouncing resonant and healing verses from the Bhagavad Gita.
• Experience the harmonious circularity of sound.
Great for Yoga Teachers and students interested to deepen their knowledge of Yoga.
© 2019 Luminous Shabda, Sanskrit Studies & Manorama
Early Bird 2125,- NOK if purchased by October 11th!
We encourage you to attend the whole weekend.
The cost for only Saturday or Sunday session is 1300 NOK. 10 % discount to members with subscription.
Food and accommodation not included.
Sign up here!
Manorama is the founder of both the Sanskrit Studies Method™ and the Luminous Soul Method™.
Manorama evokes healing through the universal arts of language and conscious living. “Happiness,” she often says, “is the free flow of energy, and communication is energy. When we use our voices authentically and confidently, we create harmony between ourselves and others.” A renowned, highly respected teacher, Manorama offers Sanskrit Studies Method programs for yoga teacher trainings, as well as Luminous Soul Method trainings and retreats. She tours the globe, training students in the Sanskrit Studies Method and the Luminous Soul Method.
Through the Sanskrit Studies Method Manorama offers a direct, easy and joyful approach to learning Sanskrit, encouraging her students to focus on core principles of learning, the dynamic sound qualities of the language and it’s philosophical beauty. Grammar becomes fun and playful.
In the Luminous Soul Method students learn about the nine pillars, which will make your life rich with wisdom, understanding and joy. The Luminous Soul Method fuses sacred Eastern and Western philosophy and shows you how to integrate them into your everyday life.
Combining her earthly charm with a healthy dose of humor, Manorama guides students in bridging the ordinary with the spiritually sublime.
Yoga teachers and students alike treasure Manorama’s recordings on Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra, Learn to Chant Yoga Invocations and Learn to Pronounce Yoga Poses. Celebrated for her haunting melodies in chanting, and her precision in pronunciation, Manorama is featured on numerous albums, including Invocation (with Krishna Das and Ty Burhoe) and Wade Morisette’s, Maha Moha: The Great Delusion.